Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh My!

I am in what I think could technically be called a "tizzy." Not even sure how you spell that word, but I am in one, regardless! It's all because of THIS FABRIC COLLECTION that Jennifer Paganelli was talking about on her blog...

It's called The Barefoot Roses Collection by Tanya Whelan of Grand Revival and I am almost SURE that THIS is THE fabric for my soon-to-be studio. I'm so excited!!!!! It is vintage-inspired (a must), bright and cheerful (a major plus), feminine (also a must), works with pink walls (well DUH! That's a non-negotiable!) and (now this is the real test) could be scooped up with an ice cream scoop, plooped on a waffle cone and SLURPED! What I really mean to say is this fabric is downright SLURPITY!

Now to those who don't know me well, "Slurpity" is a very technical word in Rosey Posey Land that basically means "extremely, over-the-top, almost unbearably YUMMY." Just in case this word ever comes up again, now you know! It's the highest degree of yumminess and is reserved for very rare ocassions when something is so incredibly yummy that it is all I can do to literally keep from eating it.

After that outburst, you now either feel like you have a "Soul Sistah" in me OR you have decided that I am officially certifiable. Hopefully you know what I mean, you feel the same way, speak a similar language and we can now move on to bigger and better things in our sweet little friendship!

So without further ado....my new favorite fabric....

21 comments:

speckledhen said...

Oooh, Cheryl! Those fabrics are so you, girlfriend! Bring out the afternoon tea, I'm coming over to sit and chat for a while :)

Cheryl said...

Aren't they??? I literally GASPED aloud when I opened the page. Perfect mix of old-fashioned, fun and just a little "hip" for that added zing that I need to keep me feeling happy and creative!

Jennifer said...

OH MY! OH MY! OH MY! Im drooooling and slurping at the same time! LOL!!! Ohhhh! I cant WAIT to see what pretties you create with this fabric! :)
XOXO,
Jenn

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Ooooooooooooo! Is that ever gorgeous?!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

iSew said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous. I love the color!

Cheryl said...

O.k. so that means there are least FOUR people in the world who understand this strange desire to ALMOST eat "yummy" fabric...phew! At least I can count on you four to vote for me when they decide whether or not to commit me. Wait a minute...could I take my sewing machine to the funny farm??? Hmmmm....

She'sSewPretty said...

Oh my gosh! I need a room at the funny farm with you!! I love, love, love that fabric!!

She'sSewPretty said...

Cheryl, go here...http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/grand_revival_design/
The artist has a blog and she is having a giveaway!!

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage said...

It's me again, such great entries honey, you are so amusing, it makes my day, and yes that fabric is to die for!! I adore it.. it makes ones heart beat just that little bit faster and if I had spied it in my local fabric shop I would be pushing people aside to get to it first!! Gotta check that out some more!! KN Linda

Natasha Burns said...

OH MY I am loving those fabrics.... Do you know where they will be available to purchase? They are right up my alley, love the colours and everything about them!

Tanya Whelan said...

Hi Cheryl,
Just wanted to say thank you sooo much for this beautiful post and thanks so much for stopping by my blog and thanks to everyone who's posted here and said such nice things about the fabric! So, basically, thank you for being so sweet!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow...you thought I was in a "tizzy" before...having the lady who designed this incredible fabric leave a comment here!!! WOWEEE!!! NOW I am all aglow! :) hugs to you, Miss Tanya!!

jessi nagy said...

those fabrics are awesome!!!!
jessi nagy

www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

Shabby Roses Boutique said...

Hi Cheryl,
I am loving those fabrics too...can't wait til they come out! I would love to get some as they are just gorgeous!

Also, thanks so much for visiting my new blog ~ it's lovely to meet you!!

Catch up with you again soon,
Kathy :)

ArtsyMama said...

Absolutely LOVELY!!!
Kari

LucyKate Crafts said...

those fabrics are lovely, what are you going to make with them?, can't wait to see : )

Cheryl said...

Well, LucyKate...so glad you asked! ;) I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I THINK I want to make curtains out of the big rose pattern that has the ivory background. And then I want to make pillows, a "skirt" for my crafting table and other assundries out of the coordinates. I think I will have to blog about this as I figure this out...I am SEW EXCITED to have a room of my own to create in!

Doe said...

Those fabrics are so "slurpity" delicious!!! I can't wait!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Oh the fabrics.... oh my. I love the cameo looking one.. they are oh so pretty!

Elaine Thomas said...

Oh Cheryl!! I just love all of these fabrics. I can't wait to see all the yummy things you will create. Smiles Elaine

karin (creativechaos) said...

I am Sooooo excited about this fabric!!!! Hopefully my quilt shop will have it. the don't carry Jennifer's stuff because it's a little to "hip" for their client base. arrg...... It's so beautiful! I can't wait t see what you do with it.