Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Happy Birthday to my SWEET little Mama! Truly the nicest, sweetest, cutest little mama anyone could hope to have, she is so loved by so many...and of course, by me. I'm going into town...ALONE!!!!...today to do some errands and will meet my mom and a few of my sisters for some frozen yogurt to celebrate her day. Only wish our "Nettie-Boo Slister" could be here but she lives in L.A.!

And on a related topic, since it's my little Mama's birhtday AND it is October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all of us that we really MUST be checked each and every year for breast cancer. My Mama was diagnosed with breast cancer about two years ago and though it seems to be all gone, after chemo and radiation, it was suprisingly advanced when they caught it and had even spread into the lymph nodes. And she gets checked YEARLY. Without going into huge detail, that means in one year it went from no cancer to somewhat serious cancer. We are sooooo grateful that it hadn't spread further when it was spotted and that they were able to get it all. The scary thing is my little Mama is NOT the "type" you'd expect to get any disease, let alone breast cancer. This woman exercises daily, has eaten little or no fat for decades now and breast-fed not one but FIVE children. It has become all to real to me that this is a disease that can impact ANYONE and EVERYONE. We must get checked regularly and make sure that the women we know and love are checked yearly, also.

And on an UNRELATED topic, the HUGE STORE UPDATE I promised is going to be delayed until Monday. I have almost everything ready but need to put some finishing touches on a few things. Seriously, this is going to be HUGE! I don't know when I've ever had this many totally new items ready for the shoppe all at once! It's so exciting! My little "Boss" (a.k.a. my almost-eleven-month-old) decided that life is not worth living unless he is on my hip and that naps are just overrated and ridiculous. This makes for very little "me" time, as you can probably imagine! Here he is standing alone for longer than he ever has...still not taking any steps, but certainly giving it some thought. After all, if he could walk, he could chase after me all the better!
And look at that sweet little innocent face...you can't tell he throws a HUGE fit everytime his sweet little self is set down on the floor, can you! It's true, I tell you! I think I could kick some serious butt at arm-wrestling with my left arm that I use to carry the little guy around on my hip with!
Well off I go to make some order out of the mop on my head so I can head into town...did I mention I was going ALONE???? :) Off I go...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alone? How delightful!

Happy birthday to you mama!

Natasha Burns said...

Have fun Cheryl!! What a cute face he has!!!
Happy birthday mama!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

A very Happy Birthday to your sweet mama!
I like the photos of your "boss". I have an Andrew (now grown), and he would scrunch up his legs when you tried to set him down, he much preferred being carried.
And believe it or not, I miss those days!
:)

Diana at Chloe's Chic Boutique said...

Your little "boss" is adorable! My Grand-daughter is the same age and quite a handful too!
Thanks so much for adding my antique look doll Matilda to your list of Monday yummies!

Lynn said...

Hi Cheryl, and Happy Birthday to your Mama :) Thanks for sharing her story with us too, I really think women should be checked twice a year but who is going to listen to me? LOL
Your baby is adorable, those picks make me wanna just hug him :)

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

happy bday to your mom!!! I bet she is as sweet as you are Cheryl!! Your little angel is sooo cute!!!! xo Britt

speckledhen said...

Check out your little man!! Too cute. Enjoy your alone time...just don't "forget" your way home! :) Miss you!

RachaelEnsom said...

I love love love the new pics of Mr. Andrew! I can't wait to see him tonight:) You must post the sister and mama pic we took at ice-cream just as soon as possible! You can e mail it to me too:) Muah!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!!! We are glad you are here, and fought your cancer!!!!!!

Those pics of Andrew are soooo precious! Oh I could just squeeze and kiss on those cheeks!!!
XO

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama!!
your "boss" is very sweet...my oldest boy was like that too...no naps, no stroller, carried around 24/7...i think i still have the muscles from that 14 years later!!