Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Fall/Winter Pattern

Just wanted to pop on and let you know we have an adorable pattern, perfect for your little one's Fall/Winter wardrobe! It's a darling quilted jacket/vest pattern by Pink Fig, some of my favorite patterns around. This one is for girls' size 12 months to 10 years and is a great way to use some of your favorite fabrics...even your remnants. It's a wonderful alternative to expensive, store-bought outerwear and so much more special. It would make a perfect Christmas gift! Find it here.

I made some little jackets when my girls were about one and four using some beautiful vintage pink and white chenille, a reproduction rosebud calico and covered buttons I embroidered mysef. Oh how I love those! They are in the box of "heirloom" clothes the girls wore that I want to save for grandbabies. :)I'll have to find them and take a photo for you! I made them in Spring to go over their Easter dresses, but I want to make some this year using this pattern for Fall/Winter. I'm imagining fabric like this one:this one:
and this one:The pattern shows the jackets paired with embellished jeans. This sweet jeans pattern would be adorable and you could embellish in coordinating fabrics! Find it here.
I think for my girls I'll embroider some little kitties like these little guys I've embroidered onto countless baby onesies and then use that as part of the jacket construction. You can find the baby layette sets I make here.
I'm all excited now! Looking forward to making some pretty jackets for my girls. If you make one using this pattern, will you send me a photo? I'd love to post photos!!

No comments: