Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday Yumminess!

Happy Monday to you, Sweet Friends! Hope this finds you well, happy and positive. That's my goal today: Stay Positive. This is one of those Mondays on which I am needing to tell myself to put on my "big girl pants" and get moving since what I FEEL like doing is getting right back into bed or closing myself up in my room with my crafts and a cocktail! But instead I am going to be productive and positive today and hopefully get lots done with a good attitude.

Going on a little window shopping trip with YOU, my bloggy pals, is just the thing to get me moving and smiling! So let's hop on in our little cyber cruiser (coffee in hand!) and see what we can see!



















YUMMY THING ONE: Pink Rose Pastries by Catherine Chavez



First stop is Pink Rose Pastries, an over-the-top yummy shoppe just jam-packed full of sweetness! Catherine, the "baker" in this darling little confectionary, is just as sweet as her creations. This is a sampling of her creations from Glitter and Grunge but she also has an entire web site you simply must check out! Here are Catherine's yummy confections on Glitter & Grunge , but just look at the cupcakes and other delicious treats on her web site.



YUMMY THING TWO: Birdie Keepsake Boxes by Sweet Eye Candy Creations

These are just as SWEET as can be! Now anyone who knows me knows I am a container FIEND. I can't get enough! But these aren't just containers, these are TREASURES! Just adorable, don't you think? They make me happy just looking at them.You can find "the girls" in Jennifer's etsy shoppe!



























































YUMMY THING THREE: Barefoot Roses Fabric by FreeSpirit
Natasha wrote me today because she found this fabric at The Fat Quarter Shoppe! This is the fabric I want to decorate my studio in, remember?? And it's available!!! YIPPEEEEEEE! Thanks, Natasha! MMMmmmmmm....isn't it DELICIOUS?














YUMMY THING FOUR: Dress Painting by Natasha

Speaking of Natasha, look at this incredibly gorgeous painting! I have a "thing" for old-fashioned dresses and though I love every single one of her paintings this is by far my favorite:

















































You can find this lovely and many others on her delectable website. Don't miss her specialty papers...I ordered a few for my Emily's birthday...she is going to be WILD over them and I can't wait to see what she makes out of them!
















YUMMY THING FIVE: Custom Vintage Desk for Emily by Summersdarling

And speaking of Emily's birthday (like my transitions this morning?), I must show you what Summersdarling made for my Emily! It's a vintage "lap desk" that she has enhanced and personalized for the birthday girl. I can not WAIT to give it to her. I'm going to put lots of art supplies in it, including the lovely aforementioned papers by Natasha. She will just LOVE keeping her things in it. She has been saying lately that she is going to be an artist when she grows up (and goes through a ream of paper every 2 weeks!). But just the fact that she has a spot she can put her own things in will delight her, I know. I think she inherited the "Container Fiend" gene from her Mama!























This sweetest of fairies is a lovely "altered" Maude Humphrey image that summersdarling has created and I am just in love with it. My girls are wild about fairies and run around the yard with the mulberry tree leaves as their "wings" so their room has taken on a vintage fairy theme that we all love. This sweet desk will be right at home there!

Well, Friends, here we are....back at home...hasn't this been a pleasant trip? I feel soooooo inspired and energized to face the rest of the day. How about you? :) Let's create beautiful things today, whether it's making something out of paper and glue, putting a smile on the face of a fellow blogger or making a memory with our little ones.

Hugs to you all!

7 comments:

Dede Warren said...

oh, just love the pretty things sprinkled about you!

Betty said...

Oh, I so enjoyed going "window shopping with you! Fun!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, I love Mondays with you! You have been a busy girl, so much work, bet you haven't had much sleep either! Just dropped by, I have already visited twice today already, to let you know I have nominated you for a Nice Matters award, because being nice does matter and I wanted you to know I think you are nice! Come and read all the nice things I wrote about you! All true! Now if you want to, you can copy the logo and nominate five people you think are nice and so on it goes! Speak to you soon, have a fabulous day, KN Linda Lilly Cottage.

Betty said...

Go visit my blog. I gave you an award.

Anonymous said...

While I have been fortunate enough to see the work of the other artist mentioned, I had never heard of Catherine's rose pastries shop. Utterly delightful! Thanks so much for introducing me to her work.

Sweet Remembrance said...

I love all the artists you introduced! I am familiar with Natasha & Pink Rose Pastries, love them! Will check out the others you mentioned...thanks
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many yummy things!! They are all beautiful...thanks for sharing!
All the best,
Kathy